"The team at Johnsonville were fantastic from the start, they listened and understood our problems with our last property manager and gave measured commitments on the service we would receive. The good service continues with considered communications and advice and rapid resolution to challenges in both accounting and maintenance."
"I just wanted to thank the team at Quinovic for pulling me out of such a bad situation with my rental property. I never got a proper opportunity to express my massive gratitude. I know they'll probably say they were 'just doing their job', but really, the positive way they dealt with the situation, scooping the entire problem and fixing it completely and so efficiently is something I will never forget."
"I had progressively purchased and managed myself three properties and in 2008 added a fourth to my portfolio. Managing another would be little further trouble I reasoned , after all, I had always found tenants easily, they had stayed long term and I had encountered few problems over the years. But this time was different and after 6 weeks there was little response to my marketing efforts. So a call to Quinovic and within a week a suitable tenancy had been arranged! The efficiency was impressive, but what has been really amazing was my personal attitudinal change to managing my property. From acting alone, I quickly became part of an effective and professional team!"
Level 1, Survey House
21-29 Broderick Road
Tel: (04) 465 0000
PO Box 83 010
027 487 8103
Helen is our Superstar Sales Manager and your go-to lady for an appraisal or any management queries. With an extensive background in property, investing and sales, Helen understands the Wellington property market like no one else. Call Helen today for a chat or to arrange a free, no-obligation appraisal.
Tom and his wife Kate acquired Quinovic Johnsonville in 2013 after successfully owner-operating the Quinovic Hutt Valley branch for five years. With a strong background in business ownership and management, Tom believes a successful business measures its performance daily and constantly strives to improve. Tom is still very much involved in the business however has passed on the reigns to our resident Yorkshire lass, Kerrie.
Kerrie joined us in 2012 and has spent the last 7 years proving her ability in negotiating positive outcomes as well as showing persistence in resolving some of the more challenging property management issues, first as a Property Manager, then Operations Manager, and now Principal. Kerrie oversees operations in both the Johnsonville and Hutt Valley offices. She keeps the wheels on track whilst simultaneously serving up the bulk of daily laughs. Please get in touch with Kerrie with any queries or concerns regarding the management of your property.
Karen also joined us in 2012 and is the backbone of our team here in Johnsonville. Karen oversees all aspects of letting your property, from arranging viewings, to answering queries, processing applications, carrying out reference checks, and ultimately, drawing up the tenancy agreement. Feel free to get in touch with Karen at anytime about the letting of your property.
Coming from a management background, Emily is an attention-to-details person and great at getting jobs done. Friendly and upfront, Emily is such a pleasure to work with. She believes the important thing about Property Management is having good people and management skills.
Marty loves that no day is the same in Property Management. Being naturally people-oriented, Marty really values having strong relationships with owners and tenants alike, and is always up for a good chat when updating them on the tenancy or property.
From the moment she joined our team Jo has fitted right in and rounds out our underlying culture of loving what we do, treating everyone with respect, acting with integrity, and always doing the right thing. Jo is quick to communicate, while always being lovely and approachable.
Quinovic Johnsonville are the market leaders in Residential Property Management across the Northern Suburbs, and have had a reputation for results since its establishment in 2004.
Currently managing a portfolio of 400+ properties, the majority of our rentals are within Wellington’s Northern Suburbs, however we also manage a number of properties in Wellington’s CBD, as well as homes in Camborne, Whitby and Aotea, through to Karori, Kilbirnie and Miramar.
Our office is perfectly located on Broderick Rd in Johnsonville, making for a quick and easy trip to any of these locations should any urgent matters pop up.
How We Started
Principals Tom and Kate Finlay acquired the Johnsonville branch in 2013 after successfully owning and operating the Quinovic Hutt Valley branch for five years. Kerrie Pollock has been with Quinovic Johnsonville for seven years and is now a Principal of Johnsonville as well as the Hutt Valley branch.
Both Johnsonville and the Hutt Valley offices are top performing branches, after being jointly recognised as Finalists in Best Overall Sales by Quinovic Group Office in 2018.
Our Great Team
Our office takes pride in our cultural diversity and wide range of backgrounds, skills and expertise. We are a close-knit team who also have fantastic relationships with local businesses and tradespeople.
At Johnsonville our team is comprised of seven full-time staff, including Kerrie, our Sales Manager, Allistair (your first point of call!), our Letting Manager, Karen, and four dedicated Property Managers - Debs, Marty, Rhiannon and Nadine. We also have numerous part-time staff who cover accounts and assist Karen throughout the letting process.
Want to Find Out More About Us?
Have a read of our '10 Point Promise' below to find out what sets us apart. To discuss the possibility of entrusting us with your investment, give Allistair a call today - he'll be happy to pop by and give a free, no-obligation rental appraisal - 027 522 9084.
Choose to leave your property with us and you can be assured the following:
1. Comprehensive Tenant Selection: Thorough background checks are carried out on all prospective tenants to ensure we are matching the right people to your property. This includes face-to-face meetings, multiple landlord and employer reference checks, and of course credit checks. Tenant screening is one of the most important aspects of our service, as it can often determine how seamless the remainder of management will be!
We have a team solely dedicated to the process, so that once a tenant is secured, your personal Property Manager can focus all their efforts on seamless communication and management throughout the tenancy.
2. Secure and Frequent Funds: All rents are held in a trust account and are released into your bank account 5 working days after we receive them. In most cases you will receive rent either weekly or fortnightly. We check rents every single morning, however in the case that rent is not received on the due date, we have comprehensive systems in place to ensure the tenant gets the arrears paid off as quickly as possible, and you are kept informed at all times.
3. Personal Property Manager: We have a highly diverse team here at Quinovic Johnsonville, and we will match you with a Property Manager who we feel will best understand your needs. With varying backgrounds and expertise, one thing each of our Property Managers have in common is that they pride themselves on providing excellent customer service and building great working relationships with their clients. Once a tenancy is secured, your personal Property Manager will be your go-to person for the course of the management.
4. Optimum Rents: Your property will be regularly assessed against current market conditions to ensure you are receiving market rent. If a rent increase is viable, we will propose the new rent to you before issuing notice to the tenant.
5. Effective Systems and Processes: As a Quinovic Franchise we use top-of-the-line systems to ensure the smooth management of your property. This includes access to your own online portal where you can access information about your property and financial statements from anywhere in the world, 24/7.
6. Regular Property Inspections: Your Property Manager will inspect your property one month into the tenancy, and every three months thereafter. For each inspection they will send you a report which includes photographs, a summary, a description of each room, and details of any concerns they may have.
7. Financial Reporting: On the first working day of each month you will receive a comprehensive financial statement so you can easily track the comings and goings of your rental. You are also able to log into your financial reporting at any time to see how things are tracking, even see payments received by us for your property on the day we process the rent. Or you can download your reporting to excel and create your own reporting. Additional to financial reports, you will also receive regular industry updates from us as well as Quinovic Group Office.
8. Coordination of Maintenance: When maintenance is required at your property, you can be as involved or uninvolved as you like. You are always welcome to engage your own contractors (or even do a DIY job in some cases!), but if you’re not sure who to turn to for a particular job, we have fantastic relationships with trusted local suppliers who we vouch for whole-heartedly. We are happy to arrange any maintenance job big or small through our listed suppliers, and will arrange quotes (where applicable), and keep you informed of any updates.
9. Legislative Expertise: From drawing up contracts and agreements to preparing for (the occasional!) Tenancy Tribunal case, you can rest assured that our team know the ins and outs of the Residential Tenancy Act and always have your best interests in mind. We’ll ensure that you are fully aware of your rights and responsibilities as a landlord, and likewise, that your tenant is carrying out their obligations.
10. The Extra Mile: No property is the same, and hence neither are our service offerings. We tailor our services to suit your needs and expectations. Whether you want to step away and leave all the hassle to us, or are more hands-on and would like regular catch-ups over a coffee, we’ve got you covered.
Whether you’re looking for a rental or buying your first home, house-hunting can be a stressful time. Have a read of the following to ensure you know what to expect when seeking your next rental.
Individual Quinovic Branches: As part of a franchise, it is useful to note that all Quinovics are individually owned and operated. Whilst we have similar processes across the board, we are not privy to information about properties listed with other branches. When enquiring about another Quinovic property, be sure to check which branch it is listed with.
Where to find our listings: All of our properties are listed on the main Quinovic website (here) as well as on TradeMe. We also have a notice board up in the Johnsonville mall which showcases our current listings.
How to arrange a viewing: You can arrange a viewing for any of our properties via the TradeMe advert. If a viewing time has been set, you will be able to book in for it via the ViewingTracker form at the bottom of the TradeMe listing. If there are no times currently set, you can send an enquiry via the ViewingTracker and our Letting Team will arrange a time and get back to you. Please note that we only hold viewings during business hours, and on Saturdays between 9.30am and 4.30pm. If you would like to set up a viewing time, please let us know via the ViewingTracker enquiry form so that we have all your details.
Viewing the property: Please make your best effort to arrive at the viewing at the designated time. Often the properties will be tenanted so please do not enter the property until the Viewing Agent welcomes you in. If you are running late, give us a call to let us know, however please note that we are not always able to wait as we often need to get to the next viewing.
Applying for the property: If you like what you saw, you can apply for the property online. You will have received an email confirming your viewing time - there is a link in this email that will take you through the application process. Please note that you are not able to apply for a property until you have physically viewed it. If you are unable to make it to any of the viewing times, you may have someone view it on your behalf. You can also download a PDF form to print and bring in to the office if you would prefer. You must include a copy of your NZ driver’s license or passport, and provide details of your current and previous landlords, as well as three character referees. Your character referees should be employers or colleagues (present or previous), as opposed to friends or family.
The letting process: Our Letting Manager will be in touch if they have any queries about your application or require any further information. Allow 5 working days for us to work through your application and carry out the necessary checks. We will be in touch to advise whether or not your application has been successful.